Another great chart from Statista.com. If you want to know more about how to leverage this trend as an upcoming indepedent artist check out my new booklet here.
Remembering the time I took a YouTube report to a label boss & suggested they have a conversation after the mess with MySpace, YouTube was still young. Report comprised of all stats & predicted growth was told by boss that people would never have an internet connection powerful enough to play video, my thoughts were "what makes you think you know better than the telecoms companies!"
Things to learn...
1. Your boss doesnt always know better in fact sometimes they know nothing at all (this guy didnt know what an mp3 was when he went for his job interview at the time I was working at Peoplesound!)
2. Listen to your gut then risk assess, plan and take action yourself - sometimes it is better to be proven wrong
3. If your boss dismissed your idea it could be a really really good one!
4. It is always worth having the conversation you can always say "no"
5. Who knows what other opportunities that conversation could lead to?